Q:A spell to find out the first letter of your true loves name
I don’t do spells like this. Sorry.
Q:Before I dedicate myself to Wicca, I have decided to research and learn as much about it as possible. I want to be sure this is the spiritual path for me. It's been hard though because so many different websites and books provide conflicting information. Do Wiccans only worship the God and Goddess, or do Wiccans devote themselves to as many gods as they wish? Different sources have claimed both are true.
It depends on what you follow. For example I personally devote myself to the God and Goddess AND Artemis and Apollo as my patron deities. I also work with the other Greek Gods if I need any help from them.
It depends on your specific path.
Q:Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me out with what would be a good starters kit? Especially books and spells etc. I used to practice when I was young but it's been years and need some help getting back into it.
Since you might be a little out of practice, for spells i suggest you to start meditating, to get your energy and mind clear. Also practice visualization along with your meditations.
- Encyclopedia of magical herbs- Scott Cunningham
- Book of shadows- Scott Cunningham
- Buckland’s complete book of witchcraft- Raymond Buckland
- True magick: a beginner’s guide- Amber K
- Power of the witch- Laurie Cabot
Subjects to study:
- The four elements
- witchcraft history
- spell casting/circle casting
- astrology (days, planets, zodiac)
- candle magic
I don’t really think you need any tool to work with your own magic. Magic comes from within. But of course tools help, because we can raise energy with the help of objects, plants, etc. I’m not gonna tell you to go out and buy a bunch of stuff, many things you can make yourself or get from nature. You might want to use in your practice:
- herbs (rosemary, sage, basil, cinnamon, lavander…)- to be used as incenses, to have around the house for protection, dream pillow, for medicine…
- candle: you dont have to buy a lot of colors, white can replace them all. Also you can make it at home
- wand (you can make one with a tree branch)
- athame (a handle black simple knife, to be used just for the craft is enough)
- chalice: you can use any bowl you like, use just for the craft (avoid plastic material)
- crystals: quartz
- go outside, explore nature
- have a garden
- decorate your house (if you can) with meaningful spiritual objects, or plants
- eat natural food
- get to know yourself, your limitations, your skills…
- start to notice magic happening all the time around you
- work with your intuition
- watch out for what you speak- words are powerful
- if you cook, put your intention while cooking, like visualize good health, to increase happiness… say a prayer if you will.. this is a spell on its own
I adore the answer to this ask and I think any beginners should definitely read this.
Sea treasures! The stones are called Hag stones, they’re used for protection against negative spirits, nightmares and eye diseases, they can hung from a string at the front of your house for protection, used by farmers to protect livestock from enchantments and fishermen for a safe journey and a good catch. Witches have used them for centuries for healing and spell work, they’re are also a powerful tool to the Druids. If you look through the hole you are meant to see Fairies, through a disguise and to spot traps. It’s said that if you find them you’re in the favour of the goddess Diana. There is tons of Lore surrounding these stones.
Q:Ideally yeah... But more so just keeping them in my life.
Ex Lover Return Spell
- Red Ribbon
- Red Pen
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Write you name on one edge of the paper and your exes name on the other end.
- Fold the paper so the names touch.
- Place the folded paper in lemon and tie the lemon closed with the red ribbon.
- Put this charm in the back of your freezer where no one can see it.
Q:Do you know of any binding for life spells? A love spell to bind a couple for ever? Thanks
Two Anons wanted some loves spells. The other anon said “Hello is there a spell to put love in your path?”
Try out the spells I posted on Valentines day [link].
Q:I'm thinking about becoming a Wicca, but I'm only 16 so there's a lot of things I can't do :(
It doesn’t matter how old you are. I bet you guys would all be shocked if you knew how old I was and I’ve been practicing for 6 years.
Q:Do you know of any spells to promote compassion/open-mindedness/change for the good in another person? Thank you!
This spell softens the heart of the person that is cast on.
- Red Pen
- Blue Pen
- 10 cm x 10 cm paper
- Green leaves
1. Write name of person to soften on paper, in capital letters, using blue pen and cross it with a pentacle.
2. On the other side of the paper write the following words using a red pen and encircle them with a heart:
3. Place the leaves on the side with the heart and fold paper four times. Don’t let the leaves fall out.
4. Place paper on your heart, say:
May this gift fill your heart (name of person to soften)
And when you are the given the chance
To sentence someone, may you find
Forgiveness and mercy.
5. Keep paper near you for the rest of the day. During the night bury the paper in the grass.
Q:I love your blog!!
Thank you so much (:
Q:hi, i was wondering, is there any spell 'to find the truth' like is there any spell to help me find out an answer? i love your blog btw aha!
- A red candle
- An herb dish
1. Pour the Thyme into the herb dish and say:
Purification I do conjure
So that thoughts are spoken.
2. Light the candle and say:
Passion so red,
Set to the fire,
Let the truth be said,
As is my desire
3. Drop red wax onto the herbs and say:
Mists of thyme,
Fire of red,
Send the truth to my head
4. Now go to your front door and release the herbs to the wind. You shall let thyme fly and receive the truth.
Q:do you know if any other magic being exists on earth? not to sound cliche but like shapeshifters & vampires?
I personally don’t know much about other magical beings but if my followers have some info please send it or reply to this!
I just checked the WiccanInk tag and it’s really awesome to see so many people have us as a tumblr crush!
Tag WiccanInk in anything you want me to see! I’m going to start checking that tag more.